Saturday 23 February 2013

Mini Fruit Pizzas


 
I use to ask for a large fruit pizza every year for my birthday dinner. My favorite cookie is sugar cookies and I love fruit so it was right up my alley! But recently I have been making them mini for my cousins wedding and my sister-in-laws baby shower. They were a hit and very delicious! You can put you favorite fruits on them but my favorites are strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, fresh pineapple, blueberries, and kiwi!

Sugar Cookie and Fruit Pizza Recipes:

Sugar Cookie
(This recipe is a great sugar cookie recipe that can be used for just making cookies or making them into fruit pizzas!)

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Crisco
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter

Mix all ingredients and chill. Roll out nice and thick. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes (or until the shine is off of the cookies)

These freeze really well. I made these the day before and then frosted and decorated them while they were defrosting so they were easy to handle without being worried that they would break.

Frosting:
10 ounce pkg vanilla milk chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
8 ounce cream cheese

Melt chips into cream. Beat in cream cheese. Ready to spread on cookies.

Glaze:
2 cups pineapple juice
2 Tablespoons corn starch
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup sugar (taste it to see if it sweet enough for you and add more sugar if you want to)

In saucepan add all ingredients. Stir over geat until it comes to a boil and starts to thicken. cool. Pour or drizzle over fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment